Walter Young Scholarship Award Program
Selection of award recipients will be made by the ASQ 0300 NY/NJ Section Scholarship Committee based on the content of application materials and, if necessary, personal interviews.
The Committee may decide to award all, some, or none, of the available scholarship funds. In all cases, the decision of the Committee is final.
Award recipient(s) and up to three guests (immediate family only please), will be invited to attend a recognition ceremony. Award payments will be made directly to the student.
I. Amount Of Scholarship
The scholarship will be for $4,000 for one year applied to the applicant’s expenses. See Part V. for exceptions.
To be eligible to be considered for an award, applicants must meet all the following qualifications:
- Be accepted/matriculated in the Freshman, Sophomore or Junior year of studies at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent (85 for High School Students).
- Be an attendee or Conference Committee Member, or Speaker at that year’s Deming Conference or their spouse, children, stepchildren, or grandchildren.
Submit all required application materials as described in Section III.
III. Application Materials
Applicants for a scholarship award must submit the following information to NY/NJ Metropolitan Scholarship Committee:
- A completed Application Form (See Section VI.).
- An official academic transcript showing grades for the entire enrollment in current school or prior college(s), if any.
- Three letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s character and ability, at least one from a professor/teacher or official from the applicant’s current school.
- An essay written by the applicant, of no more than two typed pages single-spaced, covering the following points detailed on the application below. Your originality will be considered when scoring.
Note: Your essay will be scored based on your understanding of each point as described in the application form (Click Here to Download).
- Scholarship Chair must receive completed applications by April 1st. It is strongly recommended that applications be mailed via registered or certified mail.
- No incomplete applications will be considered.
- No faxed copies or emailed applications will be accepted.
Each application will be assigned a review number/letter. The applications will then be distributed to the Scholarship Committee for a blind review. The review will be scored blindly according to criteria predefined by the Scholarship Committee. The Committee reserves the right to distribute the amount of the scholarship to multiple recipients at their discretion. The decision of the Committee is final.
For any other queries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org